Youth Football Youth Football Youth Football Youth Football

Youth Sports

Youth Football

Spalding County Parks, Public Grounds and Leisure Services offers an exciting and affordable youth football program for youth ages 5 -12.  Our teams are given opportunity to play other local communities through the Southern Premier Youth Football League.  Area recreation agencies participate in this league which makes for an exciting season!

Frequently Asked Questions


Q.      When do I register my child?

A.      May 7, 2018 through June 16, 2018

Q.      Why are we registering so early?

A.      We want to provide your child with the opportunity to participate in Pre-Season Training Camps with their coach this summer.  This will give them more time to learn game fundamentals and to physically prepare for the fall game season.

Q.      What do I need to register?

A.      Cash, Credit and Debit will be accepted.  A copy of the child’s birth certificate is required even if they’ve

played before.

Q.      Do I, the parent, need to be present to register my child?

A.      Yes – only parents or legal guardians who have legal documentation can register a child.

Q.      How much does it cost to play?

A.      Flag Football for ages 5-6 - $65.00

          Powderpuff for ages 6-14 - $20

          Tackle for ages 7-12 - $85.00 plus $40.00 equipment deposit.

*If you live outside of Spalding County an additional $30.00 fee is charged.
*New this year!  Thanks to many generous sponsors to this program each player will keep their Jersey!

Q.      Where do I register?

A.      You may register on line at using the following links:

Flag football - 5/6 year olds

Tackle - 7 year old

Tackle - 8 year old

Tackle - 9 year old

Tackle - 10 year old

Tackle - 11 year old

Tackle - 12 year old

Powderpuff - 6 to 7 year old

Powderpuff - 8 to 10 year old

Powderpuff - 11 -14 year old

(If you played last year you already have an account on line.  You’ll need your email to log in – Please Do Not create a new account.  If you need assistance call 770-467-4750). 


To register in person visit the Parks and Leisure Services main office at 843 Memorial Drive, Griffin.  770-467-4750
Office hours for registration:  M-F 8am to 5:00pm; Saturdays June 2, June 8, June 16 10:00am to 2:00pm


Q.      Where and when do we pick up equipment?

A.      Equipment will be issued at City Park Community Center (601 Camp Northern Rd. Griffin. (770-467-4757)

July 25 from 5pm to 9pm and Saturdays July 28 , and Aug 4 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. August 4 is the last day!

Q.      When do I turn in equipment?

A.      Equipment must be turned in after your last game. If your child quits before last game the equipment must be turned in immediately to the Parks and Leisure main office located at 843 Memorial Drive.  If you do not turn in equipment your child will not be permitted to play again until the equipment is turned in or $140.00 has been paid for replacement. 

Q.      What are the ages for the football program?

A.      Age control date for Flag Football is August 31, 2018

          Age control date for Flag Football is July 1, 2018

Q.      Can two brothers play on the same team?

A.     Only if they are in the same age group.  Relationships will be determined by the birth certificates and siblings must share the same residence.             

Q.      Do we need to attend Tryouts/Drafts?

A.      Only if you are a new player in the program. Scheduled as follows:


Ages 5/6

Ages 7,8,9

Ages 10,11,12




June 19

June 20

June 20

City Park

601 Camp Northern Rd

City Park City

601 Camp Northern Rd

City Park
601 Camp Northern Rd




Watkins Field

Watkins Field

Watkins Field

Q.      When is picture day?

A.      September 5th.

          Location:   City Park Community Center 601 Camp Northern Rd.

Q.     When is Opening Day?

A.      September 8th is the projected date for Opening Day!

Q.      Who do we call for information on game changes due to weather?

A.       Your coach is your contact for all game and practice changes.


Q.     When will I know which team my child will play on and when/where practices are?

A.      If you have not received a call from your coach by July 9, 2018, contact the Parks and Leisure Services office at 770-467-4750.

Q.    Where will games be played?

A.     Our goal is for half of your games to be home games played at Volunteer Park (1410 Varsity Road, Griffin).  Because we interleague play with the Southern Premier Youth Football League you may play games in Clayton Co, Union City, Ellenwood or Morrow.

Q.     If I have transportation problems, can other team arrangements be made?

A.     No, special team assignments will not be made for transportation problems.


Spalding County youth need your help!  We are seeking partners who are willing to invest in the lives of our youth by becoming Sponsors of the Youth Football League!  CLICK HERE for more information!

How is your child's coach doing? Click here to rate them.  If you need their certification number call Parks and Rec at 770-467-4750.


Platinum Partners:

Paragon Consulting Group

Bronze Partners:

1st Franklin Financial

Griffin Moose Lodge

"Just One"

HMA Enterprises